Re: iMac internal modem

Subject: Re: iMac internal modem
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 04:00:59 MST

Matthieu Amiguet wrote:

> Before, I used a LinuxPPC distro and the modem worked on /dev/modem,
> symlinked to /dev/ttyS0, which was a char device 4, 64. But this config
> doesn't work now...
> Thank you for any help; it has to work soon or I will most probably switch to
> another distro...

Er... why not just switch to another kernel?

Most of the problems experiences with peripherals not working are
because the required kernel drivers are either missing, or they don't
work for whatever reason. The solution is to simply switch to a kernel
that does work. If the LinuxPPC distro kernel worked for you, why not
just use that? You really don't need to change entire distributions to
solve driver problems...

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon