Re: Apache Info

Subject: Re: Apache Info
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 13:13:57 MST

on 2/5/02 12:44 PM, gubavision@home.com purportedly said:

> I am looking for a user group for apache similar to this one. I am
> having problems and am looking for a source of info. Checked a lot of
> online docs but still can't solve my problems. Book recomendations are
> also exceptable. For some reason it always servers the same page even
> if I choose a different root folder.
>
> Paul Guba
> gubavision@home.com

One of the most concise and clearly written books on Apache I have seen is
Ralf Engelschall's "Apache Desktop Reference". You may find it a bit dense,
however. There are other decent ones as well, but it's best to find whatever
fits your learning style and experience level. Some people like the O'Reilly
book ("Apache: the Definitive Guide", I think), but I didn't find it useful
at all. It should be called, "Learning Apache Configuration by Example". It
may simply be that I am not patient enough to have to read a whole chapter
to determine how a few directives are used ;-) But you may find it useful.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.