Re: Apache Info

Subject: Re: Apache Info
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 13:46:45 MST

on 2/5/02 1:14 PM, gubavision@home.com purportedly said:

> Yes I know about restarting. I actually stop it before I edit the
> httpd.conf file. I than check syntax, start, check status and then test
> still no good though.
> On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 02:54 PM, nathan r. hruby wrote:

I once experienced a similar problem, but it had to do with misconfigured
virtual hosts. Some things to check: make sure you have a ServerRoot
directive; make sure you have a DocumentRoot directive, and that it points
to your desired location; make sure Apache is not looking at any other
configuration file (look at apachectl to see what command line options may
be specified by default, or if you are launching httpd manually, make sure
you are pointing to the proper config file). The default is ServerRoot +
/conf/httpd.conf. Also make sure that if you are loading other configuration
files, such as access.conf, or via the Include directive that they are not
overriding your DocumentRoot.

If you still have problems, you can email me your httpd.conf and I can see
if there is anything wrong that I can tell.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.