Re: Apache Info

Subject: Re: Apache Info
From: Paul Guba (gubavision@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 15:26:14 MST

This is what I got off of the Apachetoday website. I based my
configuration on this.
NameVirtualHost 192.168.2.3

        <VirtualHost 192.168.2.3>
         ServerName name1.siteone.com
         DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/siteone
         ServerAlias name1
         </VirtualHost>

         <VirtualHost 192.168.2.3>
         ServerName name2.sitetwo.com
         DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/sitetwo
         ServerAlias name2
         </VirtualHost>
document root is different in my case. Now is there something wrong
here. Is name1 and name2 supposed to be something I don't know about.
Siteone and two are of course my domain names.

On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 04:38 PM, Iain Stevenson wrote:

> As I understand it .... if apache finds any virtual host definition not
> to it's liking and can't work out what to do it defaults to the first
> definition ie your first site. I found that the default definition -
> the part of httpd.conf outside the virtual host definition - was not
> always applied as I thought it should be. The answer was to define an
> additional virtual host corresponding to the default.
>
> <VirtualHost w.x.y.com>
> Port 80
> DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Iain
>

> --On Tuesday, February 5, 2002 4:20 pm -0500 Paul Guba
> <gubavision@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Thats good to know because virtual host is where I am having my
>> difficulties. I am trying to do name based virtual hosting. Cannot
>> get
>> second site to load though. First site loads fine. I am wondering if
>> it
>> has to do with the document root. The second site always goes to it.
>> Not sure if it is not allowing the virtual hosts document root. On
>> Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 03:38 PM, Iain Stevenson wrote:
>>

>>> i found "Apache: the definitive guide" a little less than definitive.
>>> I have apache set up to run a couple of virtual hosts and SSL. In the
>>> process, I hit problems with the setup working OK with Mozilla and not
>>> with Explorer - the book was no help at all. It is certainly too
>>> brief
>>> on virtual hosts.
>>>
>>> iain
>>>

>>> --On Tuesday, February 5, 2002 1:13 pm -0700 Keary Suska

Paul Guba
gubavision@home.com