Re: iMac internal modem

Subject: Re: iMac internal modem
From: Pat Plummer (ppat@fmtc.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 23:39:44 MST

I saw the note by Rene Bourion regarding going back to the netcfg
version from YDL 1.2 to set up the modem and decided to try it.

I installed the YDL 2.1 stock kernel 2.4.10-12a rpm on my iMac 400 SE,
set up the ipchains module for iptables to be loaded at boot via
rc.local so masquerading would get set up,and used the older version of
netcfg to set up the modem. It worked like a charm to get the modem
working even at boot via ppp!

The problem came when I tried to access the net from any of the
computers on my private network including my trusty ANS (with the
exception of the iMac 400 SE which worked fine) -- packets would not get
forwarded to or recieved from the net via my ISP no matter what I
did.I've gone back to my old set up with 2.2.19 and the newest version
of netcfg -- this finally got my link back.

Any ideas what might have happened to IPv4 forwarding and how it can be
fixed? I'd really like to upgrade to the 2.4.10 (and onward) kernel
someday :) ...

Pat

--
Embrace the penguin...