Re: Mac-On-Linux - problems on reboot

Subject: Re: Mac-On-Linux - problems on reboot
From: John Reynolds (john.reynolds@stonebow.otago.ac.nz)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 02:46:35 MST

>Hi,
>
>This happened to me when I first tried monkeying around with /etc/molrc.
>I had removed my bootstrap partition from the list of stuff to mount, thinking
>this would be harmless, and ended up running into the problem you
>described. So, I put the bootstrap partition back into /etc/molrc
>(mounted read-only) and then things were OK again.
>
>I have no idea whether that makes any sense or not -- but that was
>my experience.
>
>Cheers,
>Andy

Thanks Andy: yes, come to think of it, I did make two changes to
molrc - upped the RAM to 128 M and made the bootstrap partition
read/write!! Perhaps the latter is the problem - I'll put it back to
read only tomorrow and try. Only thing is (from memory) can't save
docs under M-O_L and some applications won't run properly without
write access - but perhaps this is expecting too much! Perhaps I need
a read/write partition that both M-O-L and linux can use. May need to
re-set up partitions and start again..... Will see.

Thanks again

John