Re: another CD-RW question

Subject: Re: another CD-RW question
From: Paul Guba (gubavision@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 06:03:16 MST

I don't think verification errors indicate just one problem. Although
it could be the actual firewire port or bus. I would question that it
is something yaboot is doing. More likely a Mac OS problem or something
particular to that machine. I would update to OS 9.2 make sure you have
the latest update for your burning software. Many firewire drive were
not so well supported early on. I boot three different systems on my
powerbook and have no problem with burning CD in Mac OS.

On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 11:49 PM, Scott Frankel wrote:

> While sort of on the topic, I'm suffering a CD-RW bug on my PowerBook,
> Pismo;
> and I'm wondering if it might be related to the dual-boot MacOS 9.1 and
> YDL.
>
> When I burn a disk (under MacOS -- it's a FireWire drive), I get
> verification
> errors. I'm told this indicates bus problems. Same drive works just
> fine on
> our single-boot, MacOS 9.1 iMac, runnign the same software.
>
> Could the errors be a result of early yaboot'ing via OF? Anything in
> the
> YDL1.2 or 2.0 installs that might affect bus stability under MacOS?
>
> TIA -
> Scott

Paul Guba
gubavision@home.com