LPRng "hanging" problem..

Subject: LPRng "hanging" problem..
From: Dave Braford (braford@hanon-mckendry.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 06:25:06 MST

I have a PM 9600 with YDL 2.1 up and running great.
It is also acting as a Postscript print server for non-ps printers in our
office.

Problem-
When client machines print using OS 8.1 and the LPR (Laserwriter 8.5.1),
some documents will hang up with a "74.4k left to send" error.
Obviously not always the same amount of data left to send with each error.

My guess is it a LPRng problem. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if anyone has a similar setup (any distro, PC or Mac based), please
share the gift of knowledge.

Also, the network is a VERY clean switched network, and I don't see much
packet loss/re-trans. I'm pretty sure it's a software problem.