Still sound problems

Subject: Still sound problems
From: Riccardo Gusso (grick@mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 20:06:07 MST

Using an iMac rev.B@233 mHz.
I resolved the symbols problems I had before, and now the modules
dmasound_pmac is loaded correctly, as my lsmod shows:
[root@babele /root]# lsmod
Module Size Used by
appletalk 24992 12 (autoclean)
dmasound_pmac 45888 1
i2c-core 14768 0 [dmasound_pmac]
dmasound_core 13632 1 [dmasound_pmac]
soundcore 4960 3 [dmasound_core]

But still I have no sound; I have no more error messages at startup so I
can't really figure out what's wrong now; I tried to follow a suggestion I
found in the list archives, that is to edit /etc/conf.modules in this way:

----
alias dmasound_core
#alias sound-slot-0 dmasound_pmac
#alias sound-slot-1 dmasound_pmac
#alias sound-service-0-0 dmasound_pmac
#alias sound-service-0-3 dmasound_pmac
#alias sound-service-1-0 dmasound_pmac
----
but yet no success. I've played around with kde's kmix and
Preferences/Sound/Sound Server, but nothing.
Any suggestion will be greatly appareciated.
Rick