Re: HFS help

Subject: Re: HFS help
From: Joe Villari (joev_nylxs@pipeline.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 07:07:34 MST

>I'm sorry I am a newbie with most stuff on linux. I cannot for the life of
>me firgure out how to get my hfs partitions to load under linux. Someone
>please help, I need to run mol and I need access to important files.

I found using kernel the stable BitKeepers 2.4.17 reads hfs
partitions. Do you get any kerenel errors when booting? Make sure
your partition is hfs and not hfs+ (MAC OS extended).

I created a mount point /mac for /dev/hda9 (my mac hfs partition) and
mount it on startup. You can use the mount command as root:

mount -t hfs /dev/hda9 /mnt/cdrom

This will manually mount your hfs partition to your cdrom mount point.

Joe