Re: Server is running atalk but doesn't appear in chooser

Subject: Re: Server is running atalk but doesn't appear in chooser
From: Gary Ash (garyash@dharbor.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 10:54:19 MST

My new extra card actually shows up as eth0, and the built-in ethernet gets bumped to eth1. Here's the pertinent lines from startup:

    eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC rev 32 at 0xd1855000, 00:C0:F0:3E:55:5A, IRQ 27.
    eth1: MACE at 00:05:02:95:d7:52, chip revision 9.64

My atalkd.conf was empty (except for the comments). I tried your suggestion to bind using 'eth0 -phase 2'. When I started the service, there were no errors,and my server appeared in the chooser. Success.

Thanks!!

As an aside, when I install netatalk from rpm, I also get these warnings:

    warning: The DDP services appear to be present in /etc/services.
    warning: Please check them against services.atalk in the documentation.

I don't know what they mean. The string 'DDP' doesn't appear in /etc/services, and I can't find a file services.atalk or reference to same in the documentation.

-Gary