RE: kernel configs

Subject: RE: kernel configs
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 06:27:12 MST

Andy,
        All you have to do is copy the .config file from /usr/src/linux
(this is a symlink) to the new kernel directory. This does require that you
installed the kernel source. I am not sure if it is installed by default,
or if you have to manually install it. Once you do that, you can just run
your 'make oldconfig' in the new directory, and it will work. I would
suggest that you take a look through the config, because the stock YDL
kernel does not include some usb stuff that you may find useful.

Darren