Re: webmin install problems

Subject: Re: webmin install problems
From: Paul Guba (gubavision@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 09:23:00 MST

Well I decided to install without SSL and left start on boot of. I
figured I can start manually in command line and use it as needed. It
starts fine but I cannot get to login screen. I fear this is DNS issue
which is why I wanted to install it in the first place. If I put
www.mydomain.com in my browser my page does not load. Localhost yes and
27.0.0.1.

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 09:26 AM, Paul Guba wrote:

> I can find /root/openssl-0.9.6c. Is this the install directory?
> However if I enter this path name I get the same error message.
> Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
> http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that SSLeay
> is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort)
>
> So not sure what this means and if this install procedure as posted on
> YDL's site is even valid at this point. My question is do I need it to
> run webmin? I don't plan on remotely admin. this machine. I would
> just like to have a GUI for doing some of the admin. tasks.
>

> On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 08:52 AM, Paul Guba wrote:
>
>> Not sure what "updatedb" is supposed to do since there was no
>> explaination. However it returned nothing on the command line and I
>> still cannot find the directory and am still getting same error
>> message.
>> On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 12:14 AM, Åke Svensson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Paul!
>>>
>>> Try 'updatedb' and when it's finished you should be able to 'locate'
>>> the new
>>> installs.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Ake