Palm/USB Sync with KPilot?

Subject: Palm/USB Sync with KPilot?
From: Stephanie Bryant (steph@scottrell.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 17:43:26 MST

OK, I am having trouble getting a Palm III to sync with KPilot over a
USB adapter in YDL 2.1 on an iMac (no irDA avail that I know of). I have
the Belkin F5U103. The light on the device is red (meaning it's on and
thinks it's working).

KPilotDaemon says "dev/pilot not found" when I try to run kpilotDaemon.
I tried changing the device in KPilot to /dev/ttyUSB1 (as one document I
saw suggested) and to /dev/ttyUSB0 (as another implied), but no luck.

I'm SURE this has come up before, but I could not find the answer in the
list archives or online. I already ran "modprobe usbserial" and
"modprobe belkinsa." I tried pressing the hotsync button on the device,
but nothing happened (on the computer side-- the PDA thought it was
tring to sync, as did the serial adapter).

What step am I missing? Can someone point me in the right direction? I
would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Stephanie

--
Stephanie Cottrell Bryant

steph@scottrell.com http://www.scottrell.com Author: Teach Yourself HTML 4.0 (IDG Books) Co-Author: The Gimp for Linux Bible (with Tillman Hodgson, IDG Books) Ask me about the National Writers Union! (http://www.nwu.org)