Re: Palm/USB Sync with KPilot?

Subject: Re: Palm/USB Sync with KPilot?
From: Neill Miller (neillm@thecodefactory.org)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 10:46:04 MST

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 18:45:35 -0800
Stephanie Bryant <steph@scottrell.com> wrote:

> OK: I made a hard link from ttyUSB0 (the messages file indicates that's
> where it is). I tried pilot-xfer --list, and it is "Waiting for a
> connection on /dev/pilot" even though I pressed the hotsync button. I
> also tried this with a symbolic link-- that didn't work either. The
> green light on the Belkin adapter does start blinking, indicating that
> it's trying to send to the computer.

Hmm, I have experienced some cases where the computer and the palm get confused and neither will transfer data (as you describe). Usually the fix for this is to "rmmod" the usb and adaptor related modules and power off the palm. Then, "modprobe" the appropriate modules again (checking /var/log/messages to make sure all is well) and then power on the palm and try again. Other than that, it may be just a difference in the way the Belkin adaptor works (and thus totally un-related to my experiences). Good luck!

-Neill.

--
http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm