Re: FBDev problems with WindowMaker-0.80.0

Subject: Re: FBDev problems with WindowMaker-0.80.0
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 12:28:42 MST

Here's a suggestion. The first thing you need to do is to get things
working correctly in console mode with accelerated video. You should be
able to use the fbset command to set an appropriate video resolution. Try
fbset "800x600-60" this mode is present in /etc/fb.modes on my machine so
it should be recognised assuming you have fbset installed (if not, grab the
rpm). Xautoconfig4 grabs this setting as the basis for configuring X so if
you can't get this first step to work X is likely to fail.

  Iain

--On Saturday, February 09, 2002 10:37:49 -0800 sfalken