Re: Netatalk, AppleShare IP, and OS X

Subject: Re: Netatalk, AppleShare IP, and OS X
From: Darron Froese (darron@froese.org)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 18:59:55 MST

> So, two questions:
> 1) How can I tell whether I have an RPM with IP in it? If it turns out I
> do, what to do to troubleshoot? (OK, that's two questions in one...)

It has IP in it if it's listening on port 548.

To a

[root@uber darron]# netstat -atnp | grep 548
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:548 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
983/afpd

That means that the process with the PID of 983 called afpd is listening on
port 548.

It should automatically have IP on it if afpd is running - if afpd isn't
running then you won't have ip services. Check your netatalk.conf file to
make sure afpd is enabled.

> 2) If YDL doesn't ship with an IP/OS X friendly version, has someone made
> YDL-compatible package? I've tried to compile from source but get so many
> link errors, I really don't want to venture there.

There are a bunch of packages here:

http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=netatalk