2.4.18-pre8-ben0 kernel problems

Subject: 2.4.18-pre8-ben0 kernel problems
From: r. may (mayro@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 08:45:14 MST

I'm having one BIG problem with the 2.4.18-pre8-ben0 kernel on a G4.
When I close my ppp connection everything freezes. I get no error
messages or anything. It just sits there like a stone. I tried
rebuilding the ppp stuff, but no luck either. This doesn't do much
damage if I'm not logged into an X session, but if I am I get all sorts
of disk problems that need to be fixed. If it matters, to make a ppp
connection, I use a script that I found in the ppp docs, but it's never
been a problem before.

Has anyone else experienced this?
thanks,
Robert M