FireWire CD-Burner?

Subject: FireWire CD-Burner?
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 11:30:41 MST

Quick setup illustration:

I have a 6400/200, running YDL 1.2.1, stock kernel w/ tulip supprt.
I've recently switched my MacSense PCI Ethernet card for a
Farallon Comm Slot II card. I have a ATI XClaimVR 128 grpahics card
in the other PCI slot.

I've also installed a Ornage Micro FireWire+USB card. I've ordered an
IOGear KVM, so I can run my three computer's from the same K, V, & M.

I have a Formac 12x10x32 FireWire CD-R connected to my G4/450MP.

[My dual-AMD is brand new, so I don't know which Linux-distro I'm
going to put on it. (Probably SuSE, unless someone has a better
suggestion). Windows 2K is going on a separate drive so i can run
NeverWinter Nights toolset, unless they get it ported to linux soon.]

My questions are:

1. Can YDL 1.2.1 use FireWire? If not, I have YDL 2.0 laying around
(it didn't play well w/ my graphics card/monitor, so I went back to
1.2.1). So I'm sure YDL 2.0 and 2.1 can, right?

2. Can I use this CD-R w/ YDL? If so, instructions would be greatly
appreciated (man pages or your own directions).

3. How do I get video support for my XClaimVR card w/ the kernel in
YDL? Right now, I'm using the No Video Support option in BootX to run
YDL, but I'd like to change that?

Thanks
--- Sean