Palm USB Sync -- still not working

Subject: Palm USB Sync -- still not working
From: Stephanie Bryant (steph@scottrell.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 16:41:25 MST

OK, I posted about a week ago about not getting my Palm IIIc to sync
over a Belkin F5103 USB/Serial adapter.

I have tried rmmod and modprobing the "usbserial" and "belkin_sa" in
every combination I can think of.

I have chmod 766'd the device (/dev/pilot, which is a hard link to
/dev/ttyUSB0, as well as /dev/ttyUSB0).

I have tried pressing the hotsync button before AND after entering the
"pilot-xfer -l" command.

I have installed pilot-link .9.5, hoping that would help.

The results I am getting (every time):
        The Belkin adapter light starts blinking, indicating it's attempting to
send the information.
        "Please press the HotSync button now..." appears in the terminal window
        That message stay there until I CTRL+C it, long after the Palm has timed
out its syncing attempt.

What am I missing? /sbin/lsmod produces this:

Module Size Used by
dmasound_pmac 42896 0
i2c-core 14864 0 [dmasound_pmac]
dmasound_core 13296 0 [dmasound_pmac]
soundcore 5264 3 [dmasound_core]
belkin_sa 6896 0
usbserial 20336 0 [belkin_sa]

Should there be something listed here that isn't? Am I missing a driver?
Where would I find one?

Any help is gratefully and eternally appreciated. If I can get this to
work well enough so that I understand it, I will DEFINITELY write the
missing how-to for Palm syncing on YDL!

--
Stephanie Cottrell Bryant

steph@scottrell.com http://www.scottrell.com Author: Teach Yourself HTML 4.0 (IDG Books) Co-Author: The Gimp for Linux Bible (with Tillman Hodgson, IDG Books) Ask me about the National Writers Union! (http://www.nwu.org)