Re: compiling PPC kernel on i386

Subject: Re: compiling PPC kernel on i386
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 08:37:43 MST

> btw, this is kernel 2.4.5 with the NuBus patch. the

> config is the default created with make nubus_config.
> Bo, can i have your .config file to try to compile it
> myself?

I just use nubus_config with no changes.

>>well, using the version of BootX from that site, it
>>booted my kernel that i built, kinda. it stops
>>with:
>>
>>Freeing unused kernel memory:kernel BUG at
>>page_alloc.c:73!

I think I've seen this before. It probably means BootX didn't detect
your memory configuration correctly. Look on the nubus-pmac page, and
follow the instructions for using the memory reporter, and passing
memory information to the kernel via the nubus_simms kernel argument.

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/