Re: Palm USB Sync -- still not working (and IRDA)

Subject: Re: Palm USB Sync -- still not working (and IRDA)
From: Stephanie Bryant (steph@scottrell.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 13:00:16 MST

Bill Thompson wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:41:25 -0800
> Stephanie Bryant <steph@scottrell.com> wrote:
>

>>OK, I posted about a week ago about not getting my Palm IIIc to sync
>>over a Belkin F5103 USB/Serial adapter.
>>

> <snip>
>
> I don't know if this will help, but the problem you describe is the exact same
> result I get trying to sync via the IRDA port on my PBG3. It's possible that the
> problem is not with the Belkin adapter, but something else in the system. Just
> what I haven't had time to find out. I finally gave up and have been syncing my
> palm to an x86 Linux box and copying the database to my Yellowdog laptop.

I had considered doing almost exactly that, using network sync so I
don't have to copy from one machine to the other and can have it go
directly to the YDL box. IrDA isn't avail on my iMac (unless there's
something I don't know about), so the USB adapter is my best/only option.

--
Stephanie Cottrell Bryant

steph@scottrell.com http://www.scottrell.com Author: Teach Yourself HTML 4.0 (IDG Books) Co-Author: The Gimp for Linux Bible (with Tillman Hodgson, IDG Books) Ask me about the National Writers Union! (http://www.nwu.org)