monitor resolution help

Subject: monitor resolution help
From: Chris Alden (mohotsaucemoproblems@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 15:21:31 MST

I recently installed YDL 2.0 on my 333mhz blueberry
imac. When the installation program asked me to
select monitor settings, I chose the "imac" monitor
profile and then proceeded to chose nothing higher
than 800x600 resolution on resolutions list. However,
when I booted KDE, Gnome, or any other x application I
discovered that I was running 1024x768 resolution. I
know that I only selected 800x600 and lower
resolutions as appropriate ones. Is there any way I
can get 800x600 resolution? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.