Re: Palm USB Sync -- IT WORKS!!!

Subject: Re: Palm USB Sync -- IT WORKS!!!
From: Stephanie Bryant (steph@scottrell.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 23:30:41 MST

Joe Buczek wrote:

> One thing I didn't see in your original post was whether you were
> making sure the baud rates on the Palm and (??? make/model)
> computer were the same. You need to do something like 'stty -F
> /dev/pilot 57600' or set the environment variable PILOTRATE, like
> 'export PILOTRATE=57600' for tools like pilot-xfer. Obviously, you
> also need to check that the Palm is set to agree with the rate you
> use on the computer.

Joe, you AMAZING GENIUS!! It worked! It worked!!!

See, I knew it had to be something "obvious!"

If you're ever in Santa Cruz County (CA), let me buy you a beer, man!

Thanks!

--
Stephanie Cottrell Bryant

steph@scottrell.com http://www.scottrell.com Author: Teach Yourself HTML 4.0 (IDG Books) Co-Author: The Gimp for Linux Bible (with Tillman Hodgson, IDG Books) Ask me about the National Writers Union! (http://www.nwu.org)