Re: Palm USB Sync -- IT WORKS!!!

Subject: Re: Palm USB Sync -- IT WORKS!!!
From: Joe Buczek (joe_buczek@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 23:42:58 MST

Steph,
   Deal on the beer. :-) I live in SJ and get over the hill once in
a while. Next time I'm heading that way, I'll email you. Glad
you're up and running now. When I figure out my -own- problem
getting this to work, I'll let you know the details, especially
since you offered to write the HOWTO... :-)

The baud rate setting throws you off because if you are used to
using USB devices, you don't think in terms of having to deal with
the old serial device world. But these gadgets are really serial
ports!! 1970's technology (UART) emulated on a 1990's technolgy bus
(USB): two steps forward, one step back.

Glad to help,
Cheers,
--Joe