Re: Upgrading YDL2.1 to ext3 or xfs or reiserfs

Subject: Re: Upgrading YDL2.1 to ext3 or xfs or reiserfs
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 03:51:58 MST

ext3 is a fairly straightforward upgrade, reiserfs is not. YDL was going
to publish a HOWTO on converting to ext3 but I'm not sure if it's been done
- check the YDL site first!

ext3 is now a part of the Linux kernel but it still needs to be enabled
within the kernel. If you have an old kernel it will not be present so
upgrading to ext3 will require a kernel change or rebuild. Grabbing the
latest YDL kernel may be your easiest option.

Some instructions for upgrading filesystens to ext3 can be found here:

   http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/howto/ext3/index.html

However, with a new kernel, you don't need to do any patching, just build
the journal file etc.

  Iain

--On Friday, February 15, 2002 10:03 am +0000 Dan Cook