Re: 'moving home'

Subject: Re: 'moving home'
From: david wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 12:12:35 MST

Keary said:
",...What environment variables are still showing the old path? AFAIK, of the
variables that would use your home path, only $HOME and $BASH_ENV are set by
the system. Others are likely to be set manually in some shell init script
somewhere. You should check your shell init scripts, as well as the global
shell init scripts, for statements that set these variable values,..."

I was basically was worried that i may have to change more then just
'etc/passwd', if i 'printenv', a number of var's point to 'home'
XAUTHORITY, BASH_ENV,GTK-RC-FILES,PATH,etc. I wanted to be sure 'etc/passwd'
was all i had to change. So far, so good,... everything seems to be working
properly, my new mount point is now ~, my passwords, etc, all seem to work,
'printenv' now reflects my new home in every var, very cool. Thanks