Re: configure sound?

Subject: Re: configure sound?
From: Dan Cook (inundata@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 13:59:15 MST

Hi,

> how should i proceed?

I just fixed the same problem on my machine (sort of: actually, Neill on
this mailing list did) by using XMMS instead of KDE Media Player. In the
options menu in XMMS, use OSS instead of ESD. Also, do an /sbin/lsmod and
check and make sure that the dmasound_pmac module is loaded. Unload the
module (/sbin/rmmod dmasound_pmac) as root, and then change your library to
OSS in XMMS, and then reload the module (using modprobe dmasound_pmac)
again. You should then be able to play soundfiles using XMMS.

However, that is only a 1-program fix .. I am still trying to understand how
to configure it completely.

--
Thanks for reading,
Dan Cook