Monitor Resolution (VERY straining on my eyes)

Subject: Monitor Resolution (VERY straining on my eyes)
From: Chris Alden (mohotsaucemoproblems@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 19:24:00 MST

After installing YDL 2.0 on my 333mhz blueberry imac,
I realized that even though I had selected 800x600 at
installation to be my default resolution for my
monitor, 1024x768 was my default. So, I went to
konsole and tried:
fbset -yres 800 -xres 600
which caused my system to go to sleep. When it
finally awoke, it was still in 1024x768. Is there any
way I can change the resolution??? Will upgrading the
YDL 2.1 or using a different distro alltogether work?
Please help, this is VERY straining on my eyes.