greetings; going beyond the initial connection

Subject: greetings; going beyond the initial connection
From: Taylor Armstrong (taylorarmstrong@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 22:19:19 MST

Hello to all. I'm new here; my name is Tate. I'm a long time classic Mac
OS user moving to YDL. Installed YDL 2.1 this week on a Pismo side by side
with Mac OS 9.1.

I've been reading through the archives and through several helpful sites
about getting my dial-up connection going. I've progressed to the point
that kPPP connects me to earthlink. Then the counter starts running showing
me connected through dial-up.

The problem is I don't get beyond that. I can't load anything from the web
through Mozilla or Konquerer. And I'm not sure what to look up in the
archives now to get me going past this initial connection. Could anyone
point me in the right direction.

I called earthlink to get current DNS settings today. Works fine from Mac
OS 9.1. But I can't load a web page in YDL with text or numeric addresses
even though the internet dialup shows me as connected.

Signing out for the evening, back in the AM,

Tate
taylorarmstrong@earthlink.net