Installing YD on a Starmax 3000

Subject: Installing YD on a Starmax 3000
From: Bert Knabe (bknabe@mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 11:30:44 MST

Every version of the LinuxPPC installer CD would boot on my Motorola
Starmax clone. Unfortunately, the one CD I had has gone bad. I want to
install Linux on my computer again, but none of the CD's I've downloaded
will boot my 'Max (My CD-ROM isn't compatible with Mac CD drivers newer
than OS 7.6.1). So I have two questions:

1. How do I install off of a hard drive?

2. Once I get Linux installed, are there drivers that will see my CD-ROM?

Thanks,
Bert

--
Pursuant to U.S. code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II,
Section 227, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent