TiBook Display Problems

Subject: TiBook Display Problems
From: Dave Coover (cooverdj@cox.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 18:58:01 MST

I have a TiBook G4 550 running YDL 2.4.10-12a. I got past the "Cannot find
CD" problem on install, but have another problem now that YDL is
successfully installed and running. After starting XWindows, the screen
color is completely wrong (starts up with a neon green color) and when KDE
starts, it is virtually unuseable as it is so difficult to read anything. I
looked in Apple System Profiler for some info:

Card type is ATY DDParent, Card Name is ATY, Stone Parent and Card Model is
ATY, Rage M6.

I have searched Google extensively, but cannot find anything describing the
problem I am having which leads me to believe I have configured something
incorrectly. The first hint I have that there is a video problem is that
the Happy Mac image on startup is reversed (Black Mac with white smile vs
other way around) unless that is supposed to happen.....

I am a total Newbie to YDL and Linux, so be kind and speak slowly--I admit
my ignorance up front!!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave C
Omaha, NE