Re: TiBook Display Problems

Subject: Re: TiBook Display Problems
From: will taggart (annapaxis@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 22:01:27 MST

I have the same computer and had the same problem. you have to install the
latest benh kernel from ppckernel.org, it will fix your problem.

will

>From: Dave Coover <cooverdj@cox.net>
>To: <yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com>
>Subject: TiBook Display Problems
>Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:58:01 -0600
>
>I have a TiBook G4 550 running YDL 2.4.10-12a. I got past the "Cannot find
>CD" problem on install, but have another problem now that YDL is
>successfully installed and running. After starting XWindows, the screen
>color is completely wrong (starts up with a neon green color) and when KDE
>starts, it is virtually unuseable as it is so difficult to read anything.
>looked in Apple System Profiler for some info:
>
>Card type is ATY DDParent, Card Name is ATY, Stone Parent and Card Model is
>ATY, Rage M6.
>
>I have searched Google extensively, but cannot find anything describing the
>problem I am having which leads me to believe I have configured something
>incorrectly. The first hint I have that there is a video problem is that
>the Happy Mac image on startup is reversed (Black Mac with white smile vs
>other way around) unless that is supposed to happen.....
>
>I am a total Newbie to YDL and Linux, so be kind and speak slowly--I admit
>my ignorance up front!!
>
>Thanks in advance for the help.
>
>Dave C
>Omaha, NE

William C. Taggart
Graduate Student, University of Arkansas
Department of Anthropology
King Fahd Center for Middle East and Islamic Studies
annapaxis@hotmail.com
http://comp.uark.edu/~wtaggar