My Pismo, YDL 2.1, MultiMedia and Me

Subject: My Pismo, YDL 2.1, MultiMedia and Me
From: Dan Cook (inundata@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 12:34:50 MST

Hi all,

I have a Pismo, and would like to watch some DivX movies on it. However, I
cannot seem to find any application ported to PPC that would allow me to do
this.

Also, related to this is the fact that the only program that supports sound
on my Pismo is XMMS, because I can use OSS ... I need to know how to
convince ALL of the programs that they want to use OSS by default (or
something else compatible with a Pismo). KDE Media Player, for example,
doesn't work because of the lack of arTS support for Pismo... I've already
posted this error message, oh well .. I get something along the lines of
"Asked for 16, received 17, expecting 32" from the sound driver.

Finally, I'd like to know if there's any way to run Tux Racer on PPC Linux.
I downloaded and compiled from source the free version (0.61), but when I
start it, it runs at less than 1fps. I doubt this is a problem with my
computer, because I get a good 80fps on Quake under MacOS, which means that
most games should at least be playable. In order to install Tux Racer, I
first had to find and install the SDL-devel library .. perhaps the problem
lies there?

--
Thanks for reading
Dan Cook