RE: linuxppc 2000

Subject: RE: linuxppc 2000
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 01:40:57 MST

Simple. If you click the link under Supported Machines, it takes you to the
LinuxPPC on NuBus Macs site. Okay, it's really not worded very well. John?
You wanna fix that?

What's maybe confusing you (and I'm guessing that from your subject line -->
linuxppc 2000) is that LinuxPPC "the organization" is */NOT/* the same as
Linux/PPC "a monolithic kernel distribution for the PowerPC," which appears
to be dead.

If you have a PowerPC 6100, you can run MkLinux (still at 2.0.x kernel
level), or a monolithic kernel (Debian or YellowDog) that has been hacked. I
believe you're already familiar w/ that group at
<http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/>.

HTH.

Pete