Re: Monitor Resolution (URGENT)

Subject: Re: Monitor Resolution (URGENT)
From: Chris Alden (mohotsaucemoproblems@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 16:42:29 MST

--- Dave Doran-Marshall wrote:> I am having the same trouble, but am stuck at> 640x480, 8 bit. I went > over to and did /usr/sbin/fbset -g 1024 768 16 but> all it does is show > me the commands to fbset. Now before it would just> say bash:fbset: > command not found.> > Someone mentioned manually editing> etc/x11/xf86config.> how is this done? i am a newbie newbie, it took a> while just to cd over > to find that file to begin with.> > If this doesn't work, what's the next course of> action?> > My setup is this:> > g4 radeon> ydl 2.1> dual boot system> 17 inch monitor (adc connection on radeon is not> used, it's vga)> > my resolution is set to 640x480, 8 bit (see: ugly in> the dictionary)> i'd love it to be set to 1024x68, 32 bit or even 16> bit.> > thanks!> I know that to change to a higher resolution (the one you specified) using fbset can be achieved by using the following command in the console:
fbset -yres 1024 -xres 768
However, I do not know how to change depth, although I assume it can be achieved with fbset as well.
I would also love any information on editing the etc/x11/xf86config file if anyone has it.
Thanks.