Unstable Kernels

Subject: Unstable Kernels
From: Pietro (ppesci@cantv.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 18:50:19 MST

I installed both kernels that come with YDL 2.1 but none is very stable
and this is unacceptable for me (i have MacOS already unstable and don't
need Linux for this).

Then, downloaded (binaries .tar.gz) and installed the 2.4.18-rc1 bk tree
but there is no sound module in /lib/modules folder (dmasound_pmac don't
load of course). At end, i don't have sound and btw, can't mount hfs
formated disks because the krnel don't support it.

I know, i can to compile my own kernel but is better to get one that
work out of the box.

Any help is appreciated.

Pietro