Compiling latest kernel...

Subject: Compiling latest kernel...
From: Dylan Ward (dylan.@esatclear.ie)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 04:29:17 MST

I downloaded the latest benh kernel via rsync. I proceeded to compile
it and everything went well. I rebooted my pbook using the new kernel.
 Everything looked ok except for a few services which had failed (sound,
pmud and the trackpad). I wasn't to worried about the services failing
because I thought that I could sort that after I logged in. I got to
the login prompt and went to type in my name and found out that the
keyboard wasn't working. I couldn't type anything.

I'm still green around the gills when it comes to compiling kernels, so
I went in search for any documentation that I could find. For the life
of me, I could not find a thing.

Does anyone know where I could find a Howto, or any docs for that
matter, on compiling ppc kernels. I have successfully compiled x86
kernels under RedHat, but this is completely new to me. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dylan