text-based installer args for bootx

Subject: text-based installer args for bootx
From: Chris Escarcega (chris@perri.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 12:18:09 MST

I'm trying to install YDL 2.0 on a 8600/250 (160MB RAM / 4.0GB Quantum
Fireball SCSI HD) - each time the graphical installer attempts to format the
partitions I've created (10MB Boot / 160MB swap / 3+ root ext2) python blows
up and i get a fatal error. I had trouble with the graphical installer in
LinuxPPC 99Q4 a while back that was solved when I booted into the text
installer - unfortunately I can't remember the argument I'm supposed to give
bootx to bypass the graphical installer. Any advice here would be greatly
appreciated.

Sorry to pester the list with this, but I wasn't able to find what I needed
in the ydl-general archives or on the web.

Danke,

Chris

--

Chris Escarcega LAN Administration PERRi Entertainment Services "The Backstage Pass People" 775.324.7277