making internal modem default and yup questions

Subject: making internal modem default and yup questions
From: Taylor Armstrong (taylorarmstrong@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 20:09:27 MST

Hi there everyone,

I am digging further into YDL every day, but it's still barely been a week.
Migrating from Mac OS 9.1. I am using the new YDL book as a guide along with
the list archives. Two main questions below.

I've got kPPP figured out and connected, but the "/sbin/route" info switches
back to ethernet by default when I have to reboot into Mac OS and back. So
I've been giving the "/sbin/route del default" command upon each venture into
YDL. I know I should be able to make a new default, but I could use some
help/pointers on how to do so.

Regarding yup: I'm not sure if I am following directions correctly. First of
all, I don't know what package names I should be updating. Only thing I can
think of is that Mozilla is now 0.9.8 while YDL shipped with 0.9.4. I've
also tried to run a full update by doing this (I get an error):

[tate@localhost tate]$ su -
Password:
[root@localhost /root]# yup update
Reading RPM database... (100%)
Performing dependencies sanity check...
Checking for package list updates...

Error:
[root@localhost /root]#

What am I doing wrong? The above takes about 10 seconds. Should I start by
doing one package at a time? The YDL book says that I can just run "yup
update" and yup will automatically update every currently installed package.
(I imagine this would be a long task over my 56k line).

I appreciate the patience of all you pros out there.

Tate
taylorarmstrong@earthlink.net