Re: making internal modem default and yup questions

Subject: Re: making internal modem default and yup questions
From: John Schmidt (jas@netbrick.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 21:50:10 MST

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 08:09 pm, you wrote:
> Hi there everyone,
>
> I am digging further into YDL every day, but it's still barely been a week.
> Migrating from Mac OS 9.1. I am using the new YDL book as a guide along
> with the list archives. Two main questions below.
>
> I've got kPPP figured out and connected, but the "/sbin/route" info
> switches back to ethernet by default when I have to reboot into Mac OS and
> back. So I've been giving the "/sbin/route del default" command upon each
> venture into YDL. I know I should be able to make a new default, but I
> could use some help/pointers on how to do so.

Edit the file /etc/sysconfig/network and change the GATEWAYDEV=eth0 to
GATEWAYDEV= (blank -- no entry). This will allow the kppp to set ppp as
the default route. Then you won't have to do the /sbin/route del default at
all. You can also change the name of your machine by editing the HOSTNAME=
in the same file (/etc/sysconfig/network).

John