Re: POP3 not working...

Subject: Re: POP3 not working...
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 14:25:12 MST

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Mark Jaffe wrote:

> I've finally done the switch from my old MkLinux server onto the G3/450
> with YDL 2.1. Bad news is that mail is not working right; Eudora fails
> with a 706 error. This indicates that the POP3 server is not configured
> correctly. I am not sure where to look for this, sendmail is not the
> problem, and it seems as if POP3 is enabled in /etc/services.

Well, I seemed to have overcome one hurdle here; I enabled pop3s using the
services.py script, and I am able to retrieve mail from the server. The
bad news is that it seems sendmail is not receiving any mail. I have sent
mail to the machine using three other accounts I have. None of them have
bounced, but none have entered my mailbox, either!

Of course, this means I can't read responses to this message, either!

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/