Re: Re: Top No CPU Stats

Subject: Re: Re: Top No CPU Stats
From: Ken Schweigert (ken@byte-productions.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:06:47 MST

Duane,

Are you able to 'cat /proc/loadavg'? Does it give permission denied?
Is your proc filesystem readable by regular users? Will top show
CPU states as the root user? Which version of procps do you have installed?

Also, what are you doing to cause a load on your system? I have a firewall
that constantly reports "0.00 0.00 0.00" because it's only passing packets.
If you have X installed, launch it and open up a terminal inside and see
what top reports.

-ken