Re: Unstable Kernels

Subject: Re: Unstable Kernels
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 08:59:01 MST

OS9- very few crashes (I had over 200 applications loaded, all worked well
together).
OSX not a single crash since new in SE 01, runs 8-20 hours daily; IE 5.1
quits about once every 3 weeks (typically a never-ending script kills it).
All other apps have perfect records.
YDL and LinuxPPC: quite a few hangs, kernel panics, etc., but with work
all can be well.
(qualifies as rock-stable, however, in comparison to my Windows
installations).
I don't blame Linux; you need to take time and build a stable
box/configuration, and once done, you're done.
Same with MacOS though, with a fraction of the time invested.