Re: Uhm... help with yup ?

Subject: Re: Uhm... help with yup ?
From: Dylan Ward (dylan.@esatclear.ie)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 13:17:06 MST

Geert Janssens wrote:

> I just today sent a message on how I managed to get yup working.
>
> Now I have a problem with that very same tool... 8-(
>
> I tried to install ddd (a frontend for the gdb debugger). Yup tells me
> I should also install openmotif and lesstif to satisfy dependencies.
>
> I tell yup to proceed, but then it exits with the following error
> message:
>
> Error: Errors running transaction set!
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "/usr/sbin/yup", line 29, in ?
> yup.main()
> File "/usr/lib/yup/yup.py", line 417, in main
> iface.DoList(oplist)
> File "/usr/lib/yup/yuprpm.py", line 152, in DoList
> self.callback('Error', 'RPM', "Errors running transaction set!\n")
> File "/usr/lib/yup/yup.py", line 132, in yup_callback
> raise 'YupDBError'
> YupDBError
>

> But I'm afraid I don't understand what this means.
>
> I am a bit surprised though that yup takes both openmotif and lesstif
> as dependency. Aren't these two packages supposed to offer similar
> functionality ?
>
> Please, all insights are welcome.
>
> Geert

I had a similar problem with lesstif and openmotif. Upon the initial
install of YDL 2.1, I didn't install openmotif because I kept getting an
error saying that it conflicted with lesstif. So I let openmotif go.
 From this point on, I kept getting the same dependency error when using
yup. It seems that a lot of the programs depend on openmotif being
installed. So, I bit the bullet and removed lesstif and installed
openmotif. Ever since then yup ran like a charm and (cross my fingers)
 I haven't had any dependency issues either. Hpefully it will work for you.

Dylan