Re: 2.1 ipchains, iptains, i-p-confused!

Subject: Re: 2.1 ipchains, iptains, i-p-confused!
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 18:23:48 MST

on 2/21/02 6:09 PM, tanner@real-time.com purportedly said:

> Just upgraded to 2.1, and I am confused.
>
> 2.1 comes with ipchains-1.3.9-17a, but....
>
> # ipchains -L
> ipchains: Incompatible with this kernel
>
> It's incompatible with the stock install kernel! kernel-2.4.10-12a
>
> # locate iptables
>
> Nothing.
>
> Looked on the cd for iptables. Nothing.
>
> Looked on the ftp site for iptables. Nothing.
>
> What gives?

The iptables program did not come with the YDL 2.1 cd's. You will have to
get a copy yourself. Fortunately, the kernel modules did, so all you need is
the program.

You should still be able to use ipchains, but you may have to load the
kernel modules yourself using modprobe.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.