Re: 2.1 ipchains, iptains, i-p-confused!

Subject: Re: 2.1 ipchains, iptains, i-p-confused!
From: ke Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 21:12:48 MST

Hi Bob!

To run ipchains you must compile kernel 2.4.x for it, since I think it's not
in it by default. But as Keary points out, iptables is there, you only need
the 'iptables command package' which can be found at
http://www.samba.org/netfilter and is easily installed. After installation
try 'modprobe iptable_nat', which should automagically load most of the
needed iptables modules ( if the kernel is compiled for it ).

Regards,

Ake Svensson