Re: YDL on a firewire drive...

Subject: Re: YDL on a firewire drive...
From: Olivier Reisch (ydl@karasuma.net)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 10:31:21 MST

On Friday 22 February 2002 18:23, you wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I just got an external firewire drive to backup some data from my Powerbook
> 2000. I am interested in installing YDL and using it but I don't want to
> have to partition my built in PB hard drive. Can someone point me to a good
> source where it will guide me towards installing YDL on an external
> firewire drive? I am currently using OS X so I hope that doesn't pose a
> problem.
>
> --Bondster!!

Hello,

Currently, it is not possible to install linux on external FireWire or USB
drives...
Well, actually it may be possible to install it, but as of now, you'll always
need a small partition on your internal harddrive to boot Linux afterwards.
And yet I'm not sure whether that will work either.

Greetings,
Olivier Reisch

Olivier Reisch                                  doctomoe@tuxppc.org
TuxPPC Site Director
http://www.tuxppc.org
The number one user resource for Linux on PPC.

For safe mail, get my PGP Key: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/olivier.reisch/oreisch_public_key.gpg ________________________________________________