Re: Re: YUP Socket.error

Subject: Re: Re: YUP Socket.error
duanestites@cox.net
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 22:06:14 MST

Okay I got it to work! But I think it is more of a quick fix. I
did a hostname ip68.xxx.xxx.xxx.ph.cox.net and it
worked. But why did the host name not work from the
get go. The name was already in my hosts file and the
console showed the DNS name, also everything else
worked besides YUP. Is there anything I can do to get
this to set manually?

Thanks,
Duane

> From: Gavin Hemphill <hemphill@drea.dnd.ca>
> Date: 2002/02/22 Fri AM 06:09:59 EST
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> Subject: Re: YUP Socket.error
>
> Assuming you have the network configured right i.e
have a host name, can
> do domain resolution and can access other sites
from the YDL machine, it
> sounds like you are behind a firewall. That's the only
time I've seen
> the socket error. I complained about it to our firewall
administrators
> and voila it started working I did have to yup clean all
etc. and
> upgrade yup first before everything was working
perfectly.

> Duane Stites wrote:
>
> > Every time I try to run yup I get this error:
> > socket.error: host not found
> >
> > I found another post on this list with the exact
description of what I am
> > seeing but there was not solution that I was able to
find. Does any one