Old PowerMacs better?

Subject: Old PowerMacs better?
From: James O'Reilly (joreilly@panix.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 23:40:30 MST

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. One of my criteria in buying a
PowerMac or iMac is that it run YDL and access floppy disks and other disk
drives. My reading of the hardware compatibility page on the YDL website
suggests that YDL on the (pre-iMac) PowerMac can access such disks while
YDL on the iMac can't do so. Does anyone have experience with floppy and
other disk drives on the iMac or the PowerMac?

                                Jim O'Reilly